Thursday, November 10, 2011

Welcome!

       Whether it was due to my deficiency of technological skill or my fear of the fast paced nature of the modern world, I never imagined I would be one to post on a blog, much less to create one of my own... yet here I am doing just what I never expected. It is certainly ironic how often I find myself doing just that, the unexpected and yet I have a sneaking suspicion this phenomenon is actually quite common place in all of our frail human lives. We predict and plan and worry, waste, and save and to our abhorrence there is always the unexpected awaiting around the unexpected bend. Life certainly is full of surprises, in fact as a mentor and friend once put it, "Life is a continual surprise party." But I digress... yes I am creating a blog. Creating perhaps is too strong of a word and not quite apt here, but however one ought to put it in proper technical jargon, I have committed myself to one of them now, yes a real and what I hope will be a worthwhile blog. To what end, one might ask, have I entered this venture? For laughs perhaps, for giggles, perhaps even out of a tinge of pride thinking that perhaps others beside me might actually read what I write. Time will tell I suppose.
       On a mite bit more serious note, I suppose I ought to mention the title and its significance or lack thereof. In our day and age, we have lost a centrality to life, we have no focal point thanks to secularism, relativism, and atheism. It is my hope to comment and to incite discussion about those aspects of life related either positively or negatively to that center. It is my hope to discover or to lead you readers to discover and discuss just what that center of life ought to be. So here we go, grab a hold and come along for the ride! Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Patrick- I commend you for venturing into the giant blog world. It's not as daunting as it appears, I promise. Your task at hand comes natural to you, as you are a very gifted writer with a very wise mind. I anticipate the wholesome reads! LOVE!
    Ange

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang, thanks for the kind words! Hope to chat with you again soon. Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete